Monday, July 1, 2013

Super Bowl Chinese Restaurant, Haymarket

On a cold winter's morning, I decided to have brunch with a mate. We both had the munchies for congee so we settled for SuperBowl considering it was close to uni and highly recommended by my mate. It is located in the heart of Chinatown. There is a restaurant in Cabramatta with the exact same name but I'm not sure if both have the same owners. Anyways, it was my first time eating here and I enjoyed it. Pretty much I enjoy eating at new places haha! Feel like a fatty.

I lost my iPhone 5 so I'm using an iPhone 4 now to take pictures. So I apologise for poor quality photos!

Coral Trout Congee
 We started off with the Coral Trout Congee. It was lovely! You only get this thick texture with congee at these Chinese restaurants. The trout is still moist and you get large chunks of it!

Coral Trout Congee
You Tiao (Deep Fried Chinese Doughnuts)
Congee would not be complete with these bad boys! They are super crunchy and it is VERY golden.

Har Mai Cheong (Not sure of the correct spelling)
My mate had told me this was called "Har Mai Cheong". I believe I didn't spell it correctly but they were referred to as "Plain Rice Paper Rolls" (I think!). It's similar to the ones you would see at Yum Cha restaurants. These don't have the prawn inside but have dried shrimp and what makes it really tasty is the addition of peanut sauce! It is absolutely yummy! I would definitely come back to this restaurant again just for these!

Super Bowl Chinese Restaurant @ Chinatown
Address: 41 Dixon Street, Sydney NSW 2000

Opening Hours:
Sunday 8:00 am - 2:00 am
Monday 8:00 am - 2:00 am
Tuesday 8:00 am - 2:00 am
Wednesday 8:00 am - 2:00 am
Thursday 8:00 am - 2:00 am
Friday 8:00 am - 2:00 am
Saturday 8:00 am - 2:00 am

Tam x





No comments:

Post a Comment